Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Light Came On and I Didn't Even Know I Was in the Dark

It's strange when you always thought things were one way and they turn out to be another. I noticed that after a funeral, our church always acquired many boxes of Kleenex. I thought it nice of the funeral home to provide a box for every row in the church. I lived with this belief for ten years. It was a bit strange for a moment when a friend whose parents had been killed in a car accident, (this is a whole 'nother tragic story), called me a few days before the funeral and said,

"Can you do me a favor? At every funeral I make sure there are Kleenex on every row, alternating them end, middle, end. Do you think you can get someone to do this for me?" It took a moment for my brain to process this information. I never dreamed the pianist at our church was buying all those Kleenex.

No comments: