Monday, July 07, 2008

Where Is Our Hope?

In my last post, a long time ago, I mentioned I had 55 boxes packed. I now have 205 boxes packed and have been to Texas twice. God's last instruction to me has been, "Keep putting one foot in front of the other." That involves not putting any hope in anything other than Him. For years now, I have been telling women at my church in Oregon, "You don't know the future. You just think you do." Now I walk this talk. The house in Oregon hasn't sold. Bert and I have been in a 12 x 13 hotel room (with Jessica and Rachel each spending a little time). The good news is, we aren't getting on each other's nerves.

I read this today:

Psalm 33:17 A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; [ESV says salvation] despite all its great strength it cannot save.

I can substitute words in the place of deliverance, such as insurance policies, houses and land, paychecks, (anyone notie these are all monetary)? I don't care that much about being skinny or what people think about me (God has done a good work). At any rate, does anyone else want to fill in a blank?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will substitute "peace" for "deliverance."

I am really glad you came to my house two weekends in a row!!!