Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What is Jesus doing now?

Ending a 3 1/2 year study of the gospels in my Sunday School class, we addressed the question, "What is Jesus doing now?" As I read the passages describing Jesus' present activity, I realized that though Colossians and Hebrews depict Him as sitting at the right hand of the Father, I usually think of Him as standing. Then I read the account of Stephen being martyred where he said,

"I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

And I wondered--when those rocks were flying through the air toward Stephen did Jesus stand up? I muse, "When life gets really hard, when I lose control, or when accusations are spoken against me, does Jesus stand up?

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
--1 John 2:1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds great to me! I need someone to stand for me a lot.