Friday, August 17, 2007

Unity

Thinking about unity--
Unity, like living organisms, doesn't grow without proper conditions. In general, I think any kind of unity has to rise out of a common hope. If in a group of people between 2 and ten zillion, everyone plants their hope in something diffeent, a tug of war results. Likewise, in the church, without the common hope of seeing Jesus and through that being transformed--and that hope being in the center--we will not find sustainable unity. So if we find disunity, we should consider the basis of our hopes.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I also thing unity happens when we see the hope of Jesus in each other's lives instead of criticizing each other.

Anonymous said...

Transformation is a good thing. It brings unity and kills bitterness.

I love my whole family...

mimi said...

It's good to be loved and to see the hope of Jesus in the lives of others. It helps me see the hope in my own life, too.