Saturday, April 21, 2007

New York City

Since I live a boring life and love it, NYC was a little upbeat, but probably not as exciting as some who visit the Big Apple. We walked and walked and my blood sugar was good with half the dosage of medicine the doctor has prescribed. I should take a hint. The two highlights for me were walking around the Statue of Liberty and eating at Mesa Grill. I had taken a 5 year old roll of black and white film that I shot at the Statue. We'll see if it develops.

A couple of observations--
The first day out I wore a red shirt. Only two other people I saw in a 10 square block area were wearing red--a street sweeper in a red jump suit and a little old lady topped off with a red tam. Lots of black and brown and gray on the streets. However, yesterday I did see a woman in a lime green coat and a woman in a brown skirt with scallops around the bottom conforming to a teal blue design. Pleasant to my eyes in a sea of drab.

On CNN this morning (No FoxNews at our hotel) I saw coverage of a clinic in Moscow where people, for hundreds of thousands of dollars can be injected with stem cells and the doctor believes when this method is perfected, people could live 1200 years. Consider that this programming was sandwiched in between over coverage of the Virginia Tech killings. Like I would want to live 1200 years in a broken world?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yeah, I don't want to live that long either.