Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Who Is This Man?

Who Is This Man?
A prisoner sat shackled before a group of high government officials. Their condescending attitudes mirrored amusement, amazement, and cruiosity tinged with tear. They gave him opportunity to speak for himself, then responded with their own opinions about him. In response he spoke, "I wish you were all like me, except for these stocks."


This man knew something about freedom that his judges did not know. He knew that liberty of the soul constitutes true freedom. When God shines His light into our hearts to reveal something He wants to change, He compares us to Himself--not others. If other people were the measure of our greatness, like water, we would all fall to the lowest level. By His grace that we do not.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad that Jesus compares me to himself and then is able to make me as good and right as he is.

mimi said...

Ah, yes!

DaddyBert said...

Amen... However, I believe this man was the apostle Paul... "I wish you were all like me except for these stocks..."